新装修除甲醛 (VOC)

VOC_banner

Why do we need to remove formaldehyde (VOC) after renovation

Formaldehyde is dangerous to human health. Building materials, home furnishings pressed woods, wood floor finishes, paints, upholstery fabrics are often the major sources in homes because materials off-gas formaldehyde over time. People often spend more than eight hours a day in their homes; infants, kids and the infirm sometimes even spend the entire day inside their home. California Environmental Protection Agency Air Resources Board suggests that it is highly desirable that residential levels remain well below 27 ppb (0.027 ppm) to avoid acute effects in such individuals.

VOC_Odour_Control

Ask for help from our Home Sanitizing Professionals

HK Environmental Protection Department Listed IAQ Contractor (Indoor Air Quality Information Centre)

In keeping our words “Reducing any unnecessary use of toxic chemical to further reduce the impact to the rest of environment”. We use only natural materials to decompose formaldehyde and Volatile Organic Compounds. This service not only can minimize your family from exposing to toxic chemicals but also eliminate harmful contaminants and odours effectively.

What is formaldehyde

Formaldehyde is one of the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). Formaldehyde is a colorless, flammable gas at room temperature, has a pungent, distinct odor, and may cause a burning sensation to the eyes, nose, and lungs at high concentrations. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has classified formaldehyde as a known human carcinogen. There is some evidence of asthma or asthma-like symptoms for children exposed to formaldehyde in homes.

Exposure to formaldehyde

The US Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) has limited workers’ exposure to an average of 0.75 ppm for an 8-hour workday, 40-hour workweek. Besides, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) set standards for formaldehyde emissions in manufactured housing of less than 0.2 ppm for plywood and 0.3 ppm for particle board. The HUD standards are designed to provide an ambient level of 0.4 ppm or less in manufactured housing.

separated_line_705
Environmental Allergy

Allergy is a hypersensitivity disorder of the immune system. Most common environmental allergies occur to airborne allergens, such as dust mite, pollen, pet dander, mould spore, particulate matter or formaldehyde (VOC). Some individuals may respond to allergens which activate the production of IgE, leading to type I hypersensitivity. This will result in sniffling, sneezing, coughing, or itching or even an extreme inflammatory response.

Asthma and Allergy

Some main signs of allergy are itchiness, sneezing, inflamed or infected eczema, watering/reddening eyes, runny nose and clogging in the lungs. Allergens are tiny and light perfect for taking wing in the ducts and open air of spaces around your house. Indoor allergens like formaldehyde, dust mite, mould, particles or even volatile chemicals from conventional cleaners can accumulate in your air conditioners, curtains, mattresses, sofas and carpets . Allergens produced by house dust mites are among the most common triggers of asthma. Therefore, deep clean your home regularly is essential.

IgE and Asthma

Immunoglobulin E, or IgE, is a kind of antibody that plays an important role in the development of allergic asthma. Increased levels of IgE may result when you are exposed to allergens, such as dust mite, pollen, pet dander, mould spore, particulate matter or formaldehyde. Your body releases IgE, which then binds with several types of cells like basophils, lymphocytes & mast cells. This can then stimulate your immune system, cause your airways to become narrow and inflamed, and make your asthma symptoms worse.